Accounting principles for tax purposes (4th ed., London: Bloomsbury Professional, 2010)
Lynne Oats & Paul Tuck, Accounting Principles for Tax Purposes (4th ed., London: Bloomsbury Professional, 2010). 384 pp. ISBN: 978-1-84766-380-1.
Accounting Principles for Tax Purposes
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The 4th edition of the book (its first revision since 1998) examines the interface between accounting and tax rules and regulations, and guides readers through the complex maze of accounting principles.
This new edition includes:
- Newly issued accounting standards under both UK GAAP and IFRS
- Legislative changes in both income tax and corporation tax that have implications for the relationship between
accounting and tax profits
- Review of prospective future developments including the implications of increased alignment of UK GAAP
- Commentary on new developments in the international arena
- Commentary on the significant simplification of the new Companies Act 2006
The book is divided into four parts: Accounting Principles and
Financial Statements; Basic Accounting Issues; Advanced Accounting Issues; Conceptual Developments. Appendices provide a summary of and commentary on main cases.
Table of contents
Paul Tuck joined the Buckingham Business School in 2005. He lectures in auditing, financial reporting and financial accounting at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Prior to joining the University of Buckingham Paul worked in professional accounting practice for more than 20 years.